Come Join Our Team!
Position: Pulpit Minister Type of Job: Full- Time
Central Church of Christ in Victoria, Texas is accepting applications for a full-time Pulpit Minister. We are a congregation of 200 - 250 members with 5 Elders and 5 Deacons. We are looking for an applicant who is committed to be a Man of God, and who is dedicated to preaching lessons from the Word of God. In addition, we are seeking a man who will be devoted to the Mission and Vision of our congregation.
Examples of the duties for the Pulpit Minister of Central Church of Christ in Victoria, Texas are, but not limited to, the following:
- Preach Biblical Lesson with practical daily applications at regularly scheduled worship assemblies
- Teach weekly Bible classes on Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings and other times deemed appropriate by the Elders
- Champion the congregation’s Vision and Mission Statements related to Victoria and other parts of the world
- Visit the sick and shut-ins in the hospitals and nursing homes
- Officiate and provide pastoral care for funerals, weddings, and other settings as requested based on availability
- Establish personal relationship with the members of the congregation
- Coordinate with the Deacon of Worship to plan and execute all levels of the congregation’s worship assemblies
- Participate in team meetings with the Elders and/or Deacons when appropriate
- Participate in community events, which may facilitate the spreading of God's Kingdom in this community and beyond
Qualifications of Candidate:
l. Degree in Bible preferred but applicants without a degree with successful ministry experience will be considered
2. Strong interpersonal skills both verbally and written
3. Committed to being a servant leader
- Salary dependent on experience, qualification and education
- Compensation package includes payment toward health insurance premiums, possible housing allowance, a per month gas allowance, two professional development workshops and two weeks of paid vacation annually.
Please submit your resume by email, links to at least two of your sermons, and a concise 1-2 page statement that characterizes your current ministry efforts and style.